Please see the most current COVID-19 Operating information below. Click here for a downloadable copy.
Music & Play
(effective September 20, 2021)
Dear M&P Families,
After reviewing the information provided to date by the Government of Alberta and after much consideration, in order to continue operating in our current manner and provide the maximum educational benefit to our diverse class and student base, as of Monday, September 20 we will be implementing the Gov’t of AB’s Restrictions Exemption Program at Music & Play.
This program requires people ages 12 and older to provide either proof of vaccination, a negative test result, or documentation of medical exemption prior to entering the studio. Note that indoor masking is still required (except for youth engaged in a physical activity).
Proof of vaccination may be in the form of:
- The original Alberta Health services immunization record (or photo of) received at COVID-19 vaccination.
- The new printable COVID-19 immunization card available through MyHealth Records beginning Sunday, Sept.19 (Go to myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords to set up an account).
- The QR code provided (once it is available in a few weeks).
Please note that:
- Until October 25 a single vaccine dose received a minimum of 2 weeks prior is acceptable.
- Negative test results must be dated within 72 hours of entry.
- Medical Exemption is provided via a dated note from your family doctor.
- Once this information is provided at the front desk (in-person or via email), it will be noted in your Client account so that it does not need to be provided again. We will not be keeping any photos or documents provided via email; they will be deleted.
Until one of the above options are provided, families/students are welcome to attend classes/lessons virtually through the designated platform (Muzie for private lessons, Zoom for group classes). If you are not comfortable with the virtual option, absences could be scheduled through the Client Portal for later makeups until records/results can be provided.
Thank you for your continued patience and flexibility as we continue to adapt to the changes needed for everyone to stay safe and healthy. And please know that we are just as frustrated with the situation as you are. We certainly never dreamt when we opened our music school over 10 years ago or moved into our new 9000 sq. ft. facility last year that we would have to play the role of health police! However, as safety is paramount and the options announced Wednesday evening are either all or none, we believe that this is the best way to address the ongoing pandemic, to keep students of all ages in class, to preserve mental health, and to provide the best music education possible.