Music and Play (M&P) has an opening for a full-time Registrar/Administrator to join our team.
As the Registrar/Administrator, you will work closely with the School Director and take ownership and responsibility for the day-to-day administrative running of the M&P’s busy front office (class coordination, staff scheduling, student recruitment, marketing and sales and event management), ensuring a welcoming and professional environment is maintained throughout our new West Calgary location. You will ensure appropriate scheduling (faculty and students) is in place for all classes and will maintain all student records including processing enrollments, transfers, withdrawals and payments for all the School’s students.
The Registrar/Administrator will also provide a wide range of services to the general public, students and staff of M&P, and will be the primary point of contact for all email, phone and walk-in inquiries and sales of its programs. The successful candidate and will be energetic, customer-focused and unflappable and must have some knowledge of music education. You will be a proactive, self-starter with a strong eye for detail and a solution-oriented approach to your work delivering the services of the School. You will be able to translate direction from a variety of constituents into tangible outcomes without assistance and maintain accurate and auditable records.
- Some post-secondary education, with a minimum of 2-years in an administrative or similar leadership role – please note: this is not a receptionist position.
- Experience working within a music school, arts organization or other educational setting dealing with student and faculty management is strongly preferred.
- A process-oriented approach to their work with strong attention to detail and the desire to be accurate and thorough
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, balance multiple priorities and work with frequent interruptions
- Superior interpersonal/customer service/sales skills with ability to interact with students/families of all ages, staff and external contacts.
- An energetic attitude with a desire to look ahead and the ability to create solutions and problem-solve by utilizing good judgment.
- A good working knowledge, and affinity for, CRM systems.
- The ability to work independently while also coordinating with various departments.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with above average telephone skills.
- A passion for the arts and arts education; a background in music and/or the performing arts is an asset.
- Knowledge of: web-based tools and social media; good knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms and a demonstrable competence with typical software and cloud drives (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Google Forms, etc); Experience with registration systems and database management experience is required and experience with the JackRabbit CRM system is a definite asset.
Hours and Compensation:
This full-time position offers a 40-44 hour work week, 2-3 weeks of paid holidays a year, and access to company benefits. NOTE: this position involves regular afternoon/evening work hours and some weekend work and will start as soon as possible. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
If you want to help make a difference in the lives of music artists of all ages in Calgary, we want to hear from you. Qualified applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com and include “Registrar / Administrator Application” in the subject line. This posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Music and Play:
Founded in 2011, M&P is a leading music and performing arts school in Calgary providing classes from its new 7,500 SF west Calgary (Bowness) studios beginning in August, as well as online and in-home lessons and classes at satellite locations around the city. At M&P our students to go beyond the notes, the words and the steps and into the world of creativity and the arts!