For almost a decade, our Music Pups® classes have been a sought-after entry point into music for our youngest students and their families. This spring, we are happy to introduce Music Pups ‘older sibling’ – Music Cats® to our families!
For students aged 4-5, Music Cats classes – by The Music Class® – builds on the skills learned in Music Pups, feature the same spirited and fun environment, and include more challenging activities – specially designed to capitalize on the ability and creativity of our ‘big kids’. Also like Music Pups, each class IS PARENTED, is 45-minutes long, and materials include a copy of the current Music Pups CD and songbook PLUS an additional Music Cats practice CD. Note: families already owning the appropriate Music Pups materials only need the additional Music Cats CD.
We strongly encourage students interested in taking our Keyboard classes to take Music Cats first. The goals of Music Cats are:
- Improved pitch and rhythm skills. In addition to Music Pups style singing and movement activities, we also include more formal individualized tonal and rhythm instruction each week to challenge each student at his or her own level.
- Development of critical listening skills, such as the ability to identify when notes are correct or incorrect when listening to familiar songs.
- Learning about instruments. We introduce band and orchestra instruments, and practice identifying the sounds they produce.
- A student’s first keyboard experience. Fun keyboarding activities help prepare our students for their future piano lessons.
- Development of creative listening skills. When listening to instrumental music, we ask our students to use their imagination to create a picture in their mind of what the music makes them think of. Their ideas are then developed into movement and story.
We look forward to seeing you soon for MEOWRS of fun!
Music Cats® is a program of The Music Class®